Dynamic OleDbConnection1.ConnectionString

Frank

I am having a problem in that I have written an application that uses a
database. It runs fine in debug mode because the application looks in my
'D:\Documents and Settings\Frank Hayward\My Documents\Visual Studio
Projects\StatCon5' folder for the database. However, once the application
has been installed on the client machine, the application folder is more
likely to be somewhere on c:\???.

I have made the OleDbConnection1.ConnectionString dynamic and put it in the
application.exe.config folder for easy editing.

How can I fix this??

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="OleDbConnection1.ConnectionString"
value="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;User ID=Admin;Data
Source=D:\Documents and Settings\Frank Hayward\My Documents\Visual Studio
Projects\StatCon5\Statcon5.mdb;........." />

</appSettings>

</configuration>

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

Look at the results of calling this and make your adjustements accordingly.

AppPath = Path.GetFullPath(".");