    and all the sections are explicitly named properties in the generated asmx
    rather than being indexed.

    Thanks

    Leon Jollans, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Leon Jollans

    Rick Spiewak Guest

    It sounds like you need to explicitly code the access to dynamic properties
    instead of letting VS.NET do it for you behind the scenes. Then, in the
    "Get" code, read your property values from the web.config file yourself.

    "Leon Jollans" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all
    > Is there a way to catch all property requests and resolve at runtime
    > internally within the class?
    >
    > I ask because I'm looking into creating a dynamic CrystalReport web

    service,

    Rick Spiewak, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Leon Jollans

    Leon Jollans Guest

    I'm not sure I follow - what I'm wondering is if (via reflection or some
    such) I could write code like:

    public object aValue{
    get{
    return someIndexer[aValue];

    where aValue is undetermined until the call is made. I wouldn't expect this
    (if at all possible) to be simple, and certainly not as syntactically nice
    as the theoretical example above, but if mechanisms exist to allow this to
    happen, I'd like to find out how - it could be immensely useful.

    Leon

    Leon Jollans, Sep 9, 2003