Dynamic / relative HTML positioning on Ebay

Jason

Hello all,

First let me say, I am an absolute HTML beginner. I used Corel Draw to
create the following ad that I would like to use on Ebay. However, when I
paste the Corel Draw generated HTML into the Ebay ad creator, my pictures
and text do not line up properly in the "Description" section of the Ebay
ad. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the HTML code I am
using has fixed pixel positions for my images. I am wondering how I get the
picture & text positioning to be dynamic and be referenced to the start of
the Description section, not the absolute top of the Ebay webpage. Right
now my images are all over the page, some of them overlapping all the Ebay
info like auction start time, item locations, etc.

To get around the issue, I created a .jpg of my webpage and use it as a
static image for my ad...not desirable at all. Any suggestions would be
very gratefully appreciated.

Here's the HTML page:
http://www3.telus.net/jetta333/graphic2.html

Here's my Ebay ad with just one big .jpg image:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=793642048
2&category=33747&sspagename=WDVW

Thanks,
Jason

rf

Jason said:
I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the HTML code I am
using has fixed pixel positions for my images. I am wondering how I get the
picture & text positioning to be dynamic and be referenced to the start of
the Description section, not the absolute top of the Ebay webpage

Wrap it in a div with position: relative (no left, top).

Position: absolute positions not to the parent element but to the containing
element. This is the ancestor element that has position other than the
default, or the body element. You new div will be a containing element.

Jason

Richard - thanks for the advice. I understand what you're saying, but how
do I make this happen with HTML? ie. what would I modify in my HTML code?
As you can see, I am a real newbie.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason

Could anyone please post what the HTML woud look like to achieve what
Richard advises below? If you could be so kind as to view my source and
then make a recommendation, I'd be very appreciative.

Thank you.
Jason

Mark Parnell

Previously in alt.html said:
Could anyone please post what the HTML woud look like to achieve what
Richard advises below?

Basically, at the beginning of what you already have, add:

And at the bottom, add:

However, since your page has <html> tags etc, the results of how it
looks regardless of what else you do are going to be a lottery. You
should get rid of everything up to and including the <body>, and
everything from </body> on. Of course, this will mean that you lose your
styles too, so the text won't look the way you expect. Really, you can't
expect to be able to do what you want without some knowledge of HTML.

BTW: Please don't post upside down.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-posting

This will help: