Dynamic security access for a template

Mark Darbyshire

I have an intranet auction project. Anyone can see the items, but
only certain groups of people can actually bid on an item.

Agency A (made up of sub-agencies D and E) and Agency B (made up of
sub-agencies X, Y and Z) are both having simultaneous auctions, each
with numerous items. Anyone in any of the agencies/sub-agencies can
see any of the items. However, if someone wants to bid on an item in
Agency A's auction, I need to make sure they are part of sub-agencies
D and E, and lock out those that are members of sub-agencies X, Y and
Z.

Ideally, I would like to have one bid page that, based on the item,
only allows people that belong to the correct groups. Since this is
an internal application, I don't want to mess with IDs and passwords,
but would like to use the groups already defined on the network (e.g.
'SubAgency A All', 'SubAgency X All', etc.) Is this possible? If
not, how best should I structure the application to still use the
groups already defined?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help in advance.

Thanks!
Mark Darbyshire