Dynamic security access for a template

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Mark Darbyshire, Aug 27, 2004.

  1. I have an intranet auction project. Anyone can see the items, but
    only certain groups of people can actually bid on an item.

    Agency A (made up of sub-agencies D and E) and Agency B (made up of
    sub-agencies X, Y and Z) are both having simultaneous auctions, each
    with numerous items. Anyone in any of the agencies/sub-agencies can
    see any of the items. However, if someone wants to bid on an item in
    Agency A's auction, I need to make sure they are part of sub-agencies
    D and E, and lock out those that are members of sub-agencies X, Y and
    Z.

    Ideally, I would like to have one bid page that, based on the item,
    only allows people that belong to the correct groups. Since this is
    an internal application, I don't want to mess with IDs and passwords,
    but would like to use the groups already defined on the network (e.g.
    'SubAgency A All', 'SubAgency X All', etc.) Is this possible? If
    not, how best should I structure the application to still use the
    groups already defined?

    I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help in advance.

    Thanks!
    Mark Darbyshire

    Mark Darbyshire, Aug 27, 2004