dynamic streaming quicktime qtl

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Brian, Jan 25, 2004.

  1. Brian

    Brian Guest

    In the aspx page (following the page declaration) I have:

    <%Response.ContentType = "application/x-quicktime-media-link" %>
    <%Response.Expires = 0%>
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?>
    <embed src="<%Response.Write(strQTTrackLocation)%>" />

    the strQTTrackLocation is populated from codebehind and changing
    contenttype to text/html shows that it is indeed generating a file
    that works fine by itself (I've saved the file from the browser,
    changed the extension to QTL and double clicking it works fine -- also
    uploading that saved qtl file to the server works fine).

    So do I need something besides contenttype?
    Am I using the wrong contenttype?
    (I've also tried "application/x-quicktimeplayer")

    help is welcome!
    -
    Brian

    Brian, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Brian

    Brian Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 20:27:07 GMT, Brian <>
    wrote:

    ><%Response.ContentType = "application/x-quicktime-media-link" %>
    ><%Response.Expires = 0%>
    ><?xml version="1.0"?>
    ><?quicktime type="application/x-quicktime-media-link"?>
    ><embed src="<%Response.Write(strQTTrackLocation)%>" />

    adding:
    Page.Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition","inline;filename=""playqtmedia.qtl""")

    seems to help, any other suggestions?

    Brian, Jan 25, 2004