dynamic style-chg not workin in IE..

maya

I'm trying to chg opacity for some divs on a pg, IE is ignoring it..
(works fine in FF..) why is this..

html, css, JS code is here..
http://www.francesdelrio.com/opacity.html

this is for something specific I need to do, have put simplified example
in above url.. (need to do it for relatively-positioned divs AND link
that triggers function is also in its own relatively-positioned div,
this is why example is like this..)

again, this works fine in FF, in IE it's not working at all..

would appreciate suggestions.. thank you very much..

Alvaro G. Vicario

*** maya escribió/wrote (Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:09:17 -0400):
I'm trying to chg opacity for some divs on a pg, IE is ignoring it..
(works fine in FF..) why is this..

alpha(opacity: 40)

Does this work statically? I can't test it now but I believe the correct
syntax was:

alpha(opacity=40)

maya

Alvaro said:
*** maya escribió/wrote (Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:09:17 -0400):

alpha(opacity: 40)

Does this work statically? I can't test it now but I believe the correct
syntax was:

alpha(opacity=40)

gracias Alvaro... :)

of course what you point out is the correct syntax, I saw your post and
thought great -- this is solution, but.. it's still not working in
IE... this is so weird.. now I set one div to filter:alpha(opacity=40)
statically, but IE still refuses to cooperate....

http://www.francesdelrio.com/opacity.html

again.. muchas gracias.............

maya

maya said:
gracias Alvaro... :)

of course what you point out is the correct syntax, I saw your post and
thought great -- this is solution, but.. it's still not working in
IE... this is so weird.. now I set one div to filter:alpha(opacity=40)
statically, but IE still refuses to cooperate....

http://www.francesdelrio.com/opacity.html

again.. muchas gracias.............

this should have been a question for CSS group, sorry about that... but
I posted here b/c had thought problem was with JS code... however: here
is solution: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/opacity.html

you have to specify either width or height to div you want to apply
opacity filter to.. go figure.....;)

again many thanks..