Dynamic Template Column - retaining value on postback

Etrast

I am adding dynamic template columns to a datagrid. The template column contains a textbox which the user can edit. When I am rendering it initially, the text in the textbox is bound to a column in the dataset. Everything works fine till this point.

After the user makes changes to the textbox and submits the page, I am creating the dynamic columns in page_load. The problem I am facing is that when creating the textbox again, I do not have the value that the user put in. Is there any way I can get the value put in by the user when I create the template column again on post back.

All the articles I have read say the value of the textbox should be in the viewstate and should be assigned to the control when it is created again on postback.

Any help will be greatly appreciated..

Tim_k

Etrast,
I have the same problem. This code finds the user entered value in a textbox within a grid. Then it updates the value(s) to the bound datatable. But the value does not display after rebinding to the grid. I think it has something to do with the binding of the textbox?
Tim

For Each dgitem In dgQuery.Items
txt1 = CType(dgitem.FindControl("txtValues"), TextBox) 'Values textbox
Session("dtTable1").Rows(dgitem.ItemIndex).Item("txtValues") = txt1
Next

drTemp = Session("dtTable1").Rows(rowNum)
Session("dtTable1").Rows.Remove(drTemp)