    We use ASP.net and all our pages are dynamically created and search engines such as Google does not like dynamically created pages to index. What is the best and easiest method to set up the server to produce static pages so search engines such as google can index them

    Thanks in advance
    Steve T.
    Steve T., Mar 1, 2004

  2. Steve T.

    Jan Tielens Guest

    I suggest you post your question in the ASP.NET newsgroup, this on is for
    web services...

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Mar 2, 2004

  3. Steve T.

    Steve T. Guest

    This is the right section - I am talking about Web Services not page help !!!!!
    Steve T., Mar 2, 2004
  4. Web services <> Search Engine stuff

    "Steve T." <> wrote in message
    > This is the right section - I am talking about Web Services not page help

    !!!!!
    Michael Pearson, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Steve T.

    Jan Tielens Guest

    So you want google to index your webservice responses?

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    Jan Tielens, Mar 3, 2004
  6. Steve T.

    Steve T. Guest

    I have found a freeware utility that surpasses the commercial versions called URL Replacer - good for renaming pages that have default.aspx?abc_replacePane=133;and_so_on=12345 to mainpage.asp or some other name

    http://www.motobit.com/help/url-replacer-rewriter/iis-mod-rewrite.asp - if you find something better - I am all ears

    Thanks
    Steve T.
    Steve T., Mar 3, 2004
  7. Steve T.

    Jan Tielens Guest

    do you want to index sites (ASP.NET pages) or web services (XML)?

    --
    Greetz,
    Jan

    "Steve T." <> schreef in bericht
    > Yes I want google to index my sites. If this is the wrong news group -

    you may want to give me the exact URL for it under Microsoft Communities.

    Jan Tielens, Mar 4, 2004
  8. Steve T.

    Steve T. Guest

    I would like to index my asp.net pages - the application I downloaded called URL Replacer - it seems to work - however, we haven't tested it against Google.com's search engine

    Thanks again
    Steve T

    ----- Jan Tielens wrote: ----

    do you want to index sites (ASP.NET pages) or web services (XML)

    --
    Greetz
    Ja
    Read my weblog: http://weblogs.asp.net/ja