Dynamic user control Event Handling (VS.NET Ent 2003)

Developer_Software

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help :)

I've got a placeholder control WITHIN A USER CONTROL that has its contents
dynamically added and removed at runtime by a regular .aspx page.

At runtime, the placeholder control adds a dropdownlist where I would like
it to redirect the user to a different page dependent on the selection they
make from the dropdownlist.

I've tried writing the delegate and the event handler both in the
UserControl's code behind page (placing the delegate in the Page_Load) AND
the .aspx page the user control shows up in..and IT DOES NOT RESPOND to the
event

BTW, in the .aspx page the dynamic dropdownlist is created in the OnInit
method of the page.

Is this proper? I've read so many articles and I'm not sure as to why it is
not responding. In this situation, should the event be coded in the
usercontrol or the page it will show in?

garethdjames

Make sure that you are creating the event handler for the event
regardless of a post back, it should work then