dynamic web reference

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Julia, Jun 14, 2006.

  1. Julia

    Julia Guest

    wHi

    I just made a web service client in vs2005. When I add the web reference
    some lines appear in the app.config file. I will use this client class from
    an asp.net site so I would like to add something to the web.config file to be
    able to modify the url of the web service. I dont know what to put in the
    web.config file. Anyone who knows?

    This is part of the app.config file:
    <applicationSettings>
    <ABBServiceAgent.Properties.Settings>
    <setting name="ABBServiceAgent_abbBoolWs_ProductInformationService"
    serializeAs="String">

    <value>http://11.3.100.16:8080/bolwebservices/services/ProductInformationService</value>
    </setting>
    </ABBServiceAgent.Properties.Settings>
    </applicationSettings>
    Thanks
    Julia
    Julia, Jun 14, 2006

  2. Julia

    Greger Guest

    Hi Julia,

    Does it work for you to press f4 and update the properties of the
    webreference?
    If the properties of the web reference says dynamic the url is written in
    the config without
    you having to do that.

    -Or maybe I dont understand what it is you would like to do.
    In that case, please elaborate.

    Regards / Greger
    --
    ----