Dynamic Web References

Elan E

Hi All,

We would like to know the steps involved in accessing a web service
dynamically.

Presently we are accessing a web service which has been given to us
for development purposes. We would have to change the reference to
this web service when we move to the production environment.
This involves manually adding web references through Visual Studio
..NET and then recompiling the project.

We would like know how to specify the location to the Web Service in a
..config or a .resource file and then access the web service. Basically
we would like to know if there is a way to avoid the recompilation of
the project.

Please note that the client which consumes this web service is a COM+
component.

Thanx and Rgds,
Elan

Ed Smith[msft]

If you click on the web reference node in the solution explorer after you
added, and go to the properties grid, look for a property called Url
Behavior, and change it to dynamic.

This will add an config file to your project if it does not already have
one, and allow you to change this when deploying without rebuilding.

-Ed Smith
Microsoft VB Team