dynamic XML document creation

Lerp

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the best way to build a dynamic XML document
from data stored in my database.

From what I have read so far, I could build a dataset and then use this
dataset to create my XML document once my relations have been set.

Should I use an XMLDataDocument or just an XML Document object?

Also, I know the format of the XML that I need to generate, is there a way
to use some sort of template in the procedure that would allow me to 'fill
in' the data.

Where would be a good place to find an example for this?

Cheers, Lerp :)

Oleg Ogurok

You can create a strongly typed dataset (.xsd) and then load data into it.
Then you can write out the XML schema and the data by using .WriteXml()
method of DataSet class. ReadXml() also works well.

To fill in XML data manually, add an xml file to your project in VS.NET and
point its namespace to the previously created strongly typed dataset (in
Properties grid of the XML file).