Dynamically accessing a vector

Joined
Mar 11, 2010
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hey guys.
Is there any way to access a STD_LOGIC_VECTOR dynamically ?
What I mean is changing the current index of the vector on the fly to perform a reading of the next few values. ( first 8 values, next 8, and so forth)

Code:
variable i : integer := 0;
~~
while
~~
if v_scan = Y_MIN + 240 + signed(stack_1s(i to i+7)) then
	colors <= x"E3";
	i := i + 8;
	if i = 128 then
		i := 0;
	end if;
~~

I found an older unanswered kind of related thread here velocityreviews.com/forums/t705739-dynamically-accessed-subrange-of-a-vector.html

Thank you for your time.