Dynamically accessing a vector

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by XRay123, Jun 13, 2010.

  1. XRay123

    XRay123

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2010
    Messages:
    6
    Hey guys.
    Is there any way to access a STD_LOGIC_VECTOR dynamically ?
    What I mean is changing the current index of the vector on the fly to perform a reading of the next few values. ( first 8 values, next 8, and so forth)

    Code:
    variable i : integer := 0;
    ~~
    while
    ~~
    if v_scan = Y_MIN + 240 + signed(stack_1s(i to i+7)) then
    	colors <= x"E3";
    	i := i + 8;
    	if i = 128 then
    		i := 0;
    	end if;
    ~~
    I found an older unanswered kind of related thread here velocityreviews.com/forums/t705739-dynamically-accessed-subrange-of-a-vector.html

    Thank you for your time.
    XRay123, Jun 13, 2010