dynamically appending elements to xml file

Discussion in 'XML' started by Red Ogden, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Red Ogden

    Red Ogden Guest

    I would really appreciate some advice on the best way to do this.

    The problem is this:
    I want to create a web form where the user specifies an existing XML
    file name and a value for attribute on an element. The elements
    matching this attribute in a second XML file (master) are then
    appended to the first user specified XML file. Both XML files have
    similar structure but the second file is a master file with a large
    number of elements. The elements being selected are complex elements.

    I guess this could be done using the DOM or using XSL/JavaScript but I
    am not sure which would be most efficient or how to go about it!

    I just wondered if anyone had any advice and ideally could provide an
    example of a similar script.

    Many thanks

    Redge.
    Red Ogden, Jul 16, 2003