Dynamically Building Datagrid Columns

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Craig G, Feb 22, 2005.

  1. Craig G

    Craig G Guest

    i want to build a datagrid to use as a register for a number of courses.
    what i want to happen is that the tutor selects the course from a combo box.
    this then builds a grid for all students enrolled on the course along with
    the number of weeks the course has to run

    i want the datagrid to build a column for each week of the course. and then
    list the students in rows. with a checkbox being in every itemtemplate so
    that the tutor can say if the student was present or not for the class in
    that week

    so that i end up with something like this - bit like a matrix

    Week No 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    Craig G
    Jim B
    GerogeC

    the problems occurs in that not all courses run the same duration so i need
    to dynamically build the columns depending on the number of weeks the course
    runs for. i know my way in & around the datagrids quite well but this little
    task of dynamically building columns has me well n truely stumped

    i stumbled upon this link but im not sure what use it is to me!

    any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

    Cheers,
    Craig
    Craig G, Feb 22, 2005