Dynamically Building Datagrid Columns

Craig G

i want to build a datagrid to use as a register for a number of courses.
what i want to happen is that the tutor selects the course from a combo box.
this then builds a grid for all students enrolled on the course along with
the number of weeks the course has to run

i want the datagrid to build a column for each week of the course. and then
list the students in rows. with a checkbox being in every itemtemplate so
that the tutor can say if the student was present or not for the class in
that week

so that i end up with something like this - bit like a matrix

Week No 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Craig G
Jim B
GerogeC

the problems occurs in that not all courses run the same duration so i need
to dynamically build the columns depending on the number of weeks the course
runs for. i know my way in & around the datagrids quite well but this little
task of dynamically building columns has me well n truely stumped

i stumbled upon this link but im not sure what use it is to me!

any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Craig