Dynamically click button

smay

I'm trying to raise the click event of a button from my Page_Load event so
that after the Page_Load completes the myBtn_Click event is fired, just as if
a user had clicked the button. I can't just call myBtn_Click, page_load must
complete first just as it would if a user had clicked. I keep getting an
error telling me to set the page's EnableEventValidation to false, but I
don't want to do that. For testing, I did set it to false and used
"DirectCast(myBtn, IPostBackEventHandler).RaisePostBackEvent(Nothing)" to
raise the click event, but myBtn_Click was called immediately, not after
Page_Load.

Can anyone help with a specific VB example?

David Wier

I'd suggest putting the entire action you have inside the click event into
its own subroutine -
Then, in the click event of the button, just call that subroutine

That way, you can call the routine in anyway you'd like from anywhere
(dynamically or otherwise)

David Wier
http://aspnet101.com
bloated markup

Patrice

You could have this code in its own routine so that your handlers (or
whetver place you want) can just call the real sttuff (rather than
"embedding" this code).

Else you could use LoadComplete if you really need to have this done after
page_load (not even at the end of this event).

As usual knowing a bit more what you are trying to do (and why you need to
fake a user click) could raise more focused suggestions...

smay

Problem is the button is not visible to the user. It was just my way of
forcing code to run after the Page_Load completes. Any suggestions on a
better/different way?

Patrice

LoadComplete event ? You have tons of other events (includign on existing
controls) that could be perhaps usefull ???

What does this code ?

By design events are called by the infrastructure so making this a button
doesn't change the problem if this is *you* anyway that has to call this
code rather than letting the ASP.NET infrastructure call it when needed