Dynamically create form with .NEt controls

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ryan Ternier, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Ryan Ternier

    Ryan Ternier Guest

    I'm creating a simple page, and I'm have a few issues.

    There's a DD box on the form that has numbers from 1-n. Depending on how
    many rows are in the DB. When the user selects the number from the DDbox,
    the page will post back, and reload showing that many drop down boxes.

    The whole page is using .NET controls, except those generated from the code
    behind. It works beautifully except when I submit the page, I cannot see
    those new DDboxes at all in my request object.

    I've tried multiple ways of accessing the data within them, but .NET doesn't
    recognize them as actual controls.

    Is there a way of adding .NET controls from the code behind, giving them a
    Unique ID that I can specify?
    I tried doing this with a DataList and Repeater, but I only have an integer
    value for how many times I want them to repeat.

    Any help would be awesome, thanks!

    /RT
    Ryan Ternier, Dec 14, 2004