Dynamically created control problem

arnabit

I have created a dropdown ,which is inside a panel and the panel is
inside a place holder . the panel and the dropdown is created
dynamically. I do have a button when the button is clicked i am trying
to read the values from the dropdown.but the problem i am facing is
that i am not getting the id of the dropdown .Please advice me how to
get the id of the dropdown .

Yuriy Solodkyy

Hi

Do you eed to read values at the server?
Can you save a reference to your DropDown when you create it in the private
field of you page? You can access your drop-down control directly in the
event handler in this case.
Moreover, if it is possible i would recommend assigning ID to dynamically
created drop-down by yourself, if it is possible

-yuriy

arnabit

Hi Yuriy ,

Thanks for the advice. I have assigned ID to dynamically created
dropdown. But when i try to go to the place holder and try to get the
values using a loop i can not do so as i am not getting the id of the
dropdown there.

Thanks,
Arnab

arnabit

Hi ,

My problem has been solved. Actually I have created the dropdown in a
class file,as i have removed the class file now i can get the id of
the dropdown.

Thanks,
Arnab