Dynamically Creating repeating tables with ASP and CSS

marijuanated

Hi All,

I am generating a series of tables in CSS. The tables should repeat
themselves for a number of times governed by a counter that is
calculated at runtime by the ASP code. The problem is that I have used
top margins to position the tables in the ASP page.

So the tables when repeated super-impose on the tables that are
already placed at that margin position. Can someone suggest me a
better way out to resolve this?

Thanks,
Sundar

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Hi All,

I am generating a series of tables in CSS. The tables should repeat
themselves for a number of times governed by a counter that is
calculated at runtime by the ASP code. The problem is that I have used
top margins to position the tables in the ASP page.

So the tables when repeated super-impose on the tables that are
already placed at that margin position. Can someone suggest me a
better way out to resolve this?
Don't use margins for positioning? Use absolute positioning instead.

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01501
@NOyahoo.SPAMcom> writing in
Don't use margins for positioning? Use absolute positioning instead.

Bad idea, unless you know what you're doing absolute positioning can get
you into trouble very, very quickly.

To the OP:

Have you validated the resultant HTML and CSS? You might want to generate
a representative page, put it up on the net somewhere, and then post to
comp.infosystems.authoring.www.stylesheets for more help.