    Thanks,
    Sundar

    , Apr 23, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am generating a series of tables in CSS. The tables should repeat
    > themselves for a number of times governed by a counter that is
    > calculated at runtime by the ASP code. The problem is that I have used
    > top margins to position the tables in the ASP page.
    >
    > So the tables when repeated super-impose on the tables that are
    > already placed at that margin position. Can someone suggest me a
    > better way out to resolve this?

    Don't use margins for positioning? Use absolute positioning instead.

    --
    Microsoft MVP -- ASP/ASP.NET

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Apr 23, 2007

  3. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Bob Barrows [MVP]" <reb01501
    @NOyahoo.SPAMcom> writing in news:#H8Mi#:

    > wrote:
    >> Hi All,
    >>
    >> I am generating a series of tables in CSS. The tables should repeat
    >> themselves for a number of times governed by a counter that is
    >> calculated at runtime by the ASP code. The problem is that I have used
    >> top margins to position the tables in the ASP page.
    >>
    >> So the tables when repeated super-impose on the tables that are
    >> already placed at that margin position. Can someone suggest me a
    >> better way out to resolve this?
    >>

    > Don't use margins for positioning? Use absolute positioning instead.

    Bad idea, unless you know what you're doing absolute positioning can get
    you into trouble very, very quickly.

    To the OP:

    Have you validated the resultant HTML and CSS? You might want to generate
    a representative page, put it up on the net somewhere, and then post to
    comp.infosystems.authoring.www.stylesheets for more help.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services