    program a third pull down in this fashion?

    thx
    Muench

    J. Muenchbourg, Jul 28, 2003

  2. JRS: In article <3f259e9a$0$197$>, seen in
    news:comp.lang.javascript, J. Muenchbourg <> posted at
    Mon, 28 Jul 2003 22:07:22 :-

    >I have 3 select pulldown boxes where a user will select a year (either
    >2002 or 2001), a week (one thru 52), and a database (short data or long
    >data). But if a user selects a week that is less than 4, the 3rd select
    >pulldown will only show the choice of "short data", as they will not be
    >able to select "long data". Is it dynamically possible in javascript to
    >program a third pull down in this fashion?

    A general year requires up to 53 weeks, though 2001 & 2002 do not.

    The third pulldown can be adjusted in a manner similar to that used in
    <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-date6.htm#YWD>for the W pulldown.

    <URL:http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/js-index.htm> JS maths, dates, sources.
    Dr John Stockton, Jul 29, 2003