Dynamically generate DB structure from XML schema (XSD)

MarjaR

For my application I need to develop an interface with an external
organisation, based on XMLHTTP messaging.

Depending on the specific purpose of the communication, this external
organisation will send me various XML schemas (XSD documents)
specifying the structure for the message interfaces.

I need to be able to interpret these XSD documents and dynamically
generate my database structure based on that.
But... I don't have a clue where to start.

I use classic ASP with VBscript.

Any tips on how to go about this? Or maybe even some example code?

Tjerk Wolterink

MarjaR said:
For my application I need to develop an interface with an external
organisation, based on XMLHTTP messaging.

Depending on the specific purpose of the communication, this external
organisation will send me various XML schemas (XSD documents)
specifying the structure for the message interfaces.

I need to be able to interpret these XSD documents and dynamically
generate my database structure based on that.
But... I don't have a clue where to start.

I use classic ASP with VBscript.

Any tips on how to go about this? Or maybe even some example code?

Converting XMLSchema's to relational databases is a rather advanced
topic. if .. IF .. if you want to support all xml schema documents,

at my university they are researching a way to create a fast XML
Database ( not the old type of relational databases).

In the future i hope that xml databases can compete with the old
and fast relational databases.

Nick Kew

Tjerk said:
I must sign up!! damn.

In that case, bear in mind the site in question has a history
of spamming, even if the OP in this thread is genuine.

MarjaR

Converting XMLSchema's to relational databases is a rather advanced
topic. if .. IF .. if you want to support all xml schema documents,

The XML schemas I need to deal with have a fairly simple structure and
can most often be mapped to one DB table (one record layout). I don't
think it will be too
difficult in this case.