dynamically increasing the cell height in jrxml

Discussion in 'Java' started by venu, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. venu

    venu Guest

    Hi,

    we are working with iReports to generate the jrxml file for our
    reporting module.

    The problem is that i am not able to dynamically increase the length of
    the lines based on the text that i display in the cell.

    Normal View :
    ************

    | column a |column b | column c |
    |records | somerecords | somerecord |
    |records | somerecords | somerecord |

    But when the record text becomes long , it looks like this

    | column a |column b | column c |
    |records | somerecords | somerecord |
    some text
    some text
    some text
    some text
    |records | somerecords | somerecord |

    and the dividing lines of the cell has to dynamically grow to avoid
    this disconnected lines.

    And this is the same in HTML,PDF too.

    Thanks in advance,
    venu, Nov 17, 2006