    a bit much to me for a hobby)? or perhaps any other suggestions?
    thanks
    hannes

    h4nne5, May 26, 2006

  2. h4nne5

    Randy Webb Guest

    h4nne5 said the following on 5/25/2006 10:41 PM:
    > hi!
    > i would like to create a website where you can browse really high
    > definition images of mine.

    Make thumbnails that link to the high resolution images.

    > they are huge and loading them as one would take ages and would
    > probably give some problems to the browser.

    Then don't.

    > so i was thinking about loading them dynamically.

    Why?

    > i'm looking for a good solution to make them easily scrollable/zoomable
    > and dicovered this really cool javascript:

    That doesn't change the fact that you would still have to load those
    high resolution images before they could become "scrollable/zoomable".
    Make thumbnails of them, link to the high resolution version.

    > http://www.inav.ex-ic.net/map.html

    Doesn't work for me.

    > does somebody know something similar but freely available (as 170$ seem
    > a bit much to me for a hobby)? or perhaps any other suggestions?

    See above.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, May 26, 2006

  3. h4nne5 wrote:

    > i would like to create a website where you can browse really high
    > definition images of mine. they are huge and loading them as one would
    > take ages and would probably give some problems to the browser. so i
    > was thinking about loading them dynamically. [...]
    > does somebody know something similar but freely available (as 170$ seem
    > a bit much to me for a hobby)? or perhaps any other suggestions?

    Maybe thumbnails? (Some people have strange ideas, indeed.)

    PointedEars
    --
    This is Usenet. It is a discussion group, not a helpdesk. You post
    something, we discuss it. If you have a question and that happens to get

    Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn, May 27, 2006
  4. h4nne5

    h4nne5 Guest

    ok, maybe i havent made myself clear. i dont mean 1600x1200 pixel
    pictures i took with my phone, but stiched together panoramas (and not
    some 360° shoots plenty of programs can handle) of the street i live
    in. something like 22.000 x 1200 pixel.
    so thumbnails wont do.
    i was thinking about cutting them into tiles and loading them
    dynamically. a bit like google maps or like the site i mentioned above
    does....

    h4nne5, May 28, 2006