dynamically saving html files on server

ajaycfd

hi all,

I need to implement the following functionality in asp.
I have got an asp page which renders some html onto the browser.Now
instead of rendering the html to the browser i should save that as an
html file in server itself. Please advise how i can accomplish this.

Thanks for help!!

Anthony Jones

hi all,

I need to implement the following functionality in asp.
I have got an asp page which renders some html onto the browser.Now
instead of rendering the html to the browser i should save that as an
html file in server itself. Please advise how i can accomplish this.

It would help to know why this is needed.

For example if this page takes a long time to execute and the requirement is
to build the HTML over night then the solution could be a VBScript scheduled
task to request the page using XMLHTTP and saving the response to the HTM
file.

OTH if the set of pages to be generated in this way is very large and its
simply desired to cache generated responses to improve response times then
moving to ASP.NET might be a better option. If not then an XML DOM could be
used to build the HTML content saving the DOM content as a HTM file.