Dynamically specifying an anchor and name/value pairs

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Astra, Mar 11, 2005.

  1. Astra

    Astra Guest

    Hi everybody

    Need your help.

    I have a DB-extracted list of say 5 items per page, which have links on each
    one that takes you to more detailed info on the 'clicked' particular item.
    When you are taken to the more detail page I have a link to take you back to
    the list. This all works fine and is standard stuff.

    My problem is that the user wants the go back link on the detail page to
    take them to specific item on the 5 items per page list.

    Now I know I need an anchor to force the list page to move to the particular
    item within the list page and I've already created a routine whereby I use a
    counter, as I'm listing the DB-extracted items to the page, to act as the
    anchor name for each item and I also querystring this onto the detail page
    for it to extract and put in the return address, but when you click on the
    return address its as if the anchor info in the URL has chopped off all of
    the name/value pair parameters, eg:

    http://mydomain.com/search-results.asp#x3?type=0&page=1&lid=ALL&sid=ALL&beds=ALL&min=0&max=2000000

    The 'x3' is the anchor-positioner, but I get an error back saying the type
    param does not exist. Have I put the anchor in the right place? Can I not
    have an anchor value and name/value pair list in the same string?

    Thanks

    Robbie

    Astra, Mar 11, 2005

  2. Astra

    Astra Guest

    sorted it - you put it at the end don't you!

    Astra, Mar 11, 2005

  3. Astra

    Steven Burn Guest

    lol yip...... thou duth <g>