Dynamically specifying an anchor and name/value pairs

Astra

Hi everybody

Need your help.

I have a DB-extracted list of say 5 items per page, which have links on each
one that takes you to more detailed info on the 'clicked' particular item.
When you are taken to the more detail page I have a link to take you back to
the list. This all works fine and is standard stuff.

My problem is that the user wants the go back link on the detail page to
take them to specific item on the 5 items per page list.

Now I know I need an anchor to force the list page to move to the particular
item within the list page and I've already created a routine whereby I use a
counter, as I'm listing the DB-extracted items to the page, to act as the
anchor name for each item and I also querystring this onto the detail page
for it to extract and put in the return address, but when you click on the
return address its as if the anchor info in the URL has chopped off all of
the name/value pair parameters, eg:

http://mydomain.com/search-results.asp#x3?type=0&page=1&lid=ALL&sid=ALL&beds=ALL&min=0&max=2000000

The 'x3' is the anchor-positioner, but I get an error back saying the type
param does not exist. Have I put the anchor in the right place? Can I not
have an anchor value and name/value pair list in the same string?

Thanks

Robbie

Astra

sorted it - you put it at the end don't you!