E Book: Practical C Programming

Veena

Hi,
Does any one know if "Practical C Programming" is available on Internet?
I searched for it, but in vain.

Please let me know in case you know.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Gamble

Hi,
Does any one know if "Practical C Programming" is available on Internet?
I searched for it, but in vain.

Please let me know in case you know.

Thanks in advance.

It is available from amazon.com, however, unlike most O'Reilly books, I
would not recommend it.

If you mean available for legal download, only from the O'Reilly Safari
bookshelf.

Rob Gamble

Christopher Benson-Manica

Robert Gamble said:
It is available from amazon.com, however, unlike most O'Reilly books, I
would not recommend it.

I've never seen the book, but I'm curious as to why you wouldn't
recommend it. Is it written by Schildt? ;)

Alan Balmer

Hi,
Does any one know if "Practical C Programming" is available on Internet?
I searched for it, but in vain.
If you mean for free, legally, no. I don't know if you'd want it
anyway, if it's anything like "Practical C Programming." I threw a
copy of that into the garbage not long ago. I wouldn't even give it to
someone, it was so bad.

Tim Hagan

Mike Wahler said:
No, but:

http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/accu/rvout.cgi?from=0ti_p&file=p001735a
http://www.accu.org/cgi-bin/accu/rvout.cgi?from=0ti_p&file=p003502a

Note that the first review is of the 3rd Edition,
the second, of the 2nd Edition. I don't know if
3rd is the latest or not.

There seems to be a little confusion here. The first review is for
"Practical C Programming" (3rd ed), the second is for "Practical C++
Programming" (2nd ed) by the same author. Neither fares well.

Alan Balmer

If you mean for free, legally, no. I don't know if you'd want it
anyway, if it's anything like "Practical C Programming."

Please excuse the typo - it was "Practical C++ Programming" that I
bought, then threw away.

Mike Wahler

Tim Hagan said:
There seems to be a little confusion here. The first review is for
"Practical C Programming" (3rd ed), the second is for "Practical C++
Programming" (2nd ed) by the same author.

Oh, right. Sorry I missed that. Steam from my coffee clouding my
reading glasses. Yeah, that musta been it... :)
Neither fares well.

Agreed.

-Mike