E-mail clients displays html-coding

Van Duijn

Out of 600 html e-mail messages I sent to subscribers, some complain that
their e-mail clienst only displays the entire html-coding (so, not a plain
text version, but all of the coding). I can't reproduce this problem. The
message was tested in recent versions of Outlook/Outlook Express, Eudora and
Netscape Messenger and all displayed the html message properly. I fear these
people use old e-mail clients. Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a no
go for html email messages?

Karl Groves

Van Duijn said:
Out of 600 html e-mail messages I sent to subscribers, some complain that
their e-mail clienst only displays the entire html-coding (so, not a plain
text version, but all of the coding). I can't reproduce this problem. The
message was tested in recent versions of Outlook/Outlook Express, Eudora and
Netscape Messenger and all displayed the html message properly. I fear these
people use old e-mail clients. Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a no
go for html email messages?

They're probably using clients that do not support HTML or they have that
feature turned off.
One of many reasons to offer the subscriber a choice between plain text and
HTML.

-Karl

Blinky the Shark

Van said:
Out of 600 html e-mail messages I sent to subscribers, some complain that
their e-mail clienst only displays the entire html-coding (so, not a plain
text version, but all of the coding). I can't reproduce this problem. The
message was tested in recent versions of Outlook/Outlook Express, Eudora and
Netscape Messenger and all displayed the html message properly. I fear these
people use old e-mail clients. Which versions of Outlook and Eudora are a no
go for html email messages?

Not rendering HTML does not imply "old e-mail clients".