    sie lesen?

    Verzweifelt,
    Henning

    kielhd, Jan 26, 2006

  2. kielhd

    Anno Siegel Guest

    kielhd <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > Hi NG,
    >
    > wie bzw. mit welchem Modul kann ich via Perl auf E-Mails zugreifen und
    > sie lesen?

    Die deutschsprachige Perl-Gruppe is de.comp.lang.perl.misc.

    Look on CPAN for modules with "mail" in their name. There are a few.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jan 26, 2006

  3. kielhd

    Dr.Ruud Guest

    [OT] Re: E-Mail lesen

    Bernard El-Hagin:
    > kielhd:

    >> wie bzw. mit welchem Modul kann ich via Perl auf E-Mails zugreifen
    >> und sie lesen?

    > Ich bin ein Berliner.

    <AOL>

    --
    Affijn, Ruud

    "Gewoon is een tijger."

    Dr.Ruud, Jan 26, 2006
  4. >>>>> "Bernard" == Bernard El-Hagin <> writes:

    Bernard> Ich bin ein Berliner.

    I too, am a jelly donut!

    Randal L. Schwartz, Jan 26, 2006
  5. kielhd

    Guest

    Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

    > Bernard> Ich bin ein Berliner.
    >
    > I too, am a jelly donut!

    Then what about all those rumors that you are actually an apple
    strudel?

    > <> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
    > See PerlTraining.Stonehenge.com for onsite and open-enrollment Perl training!

    , Jan 26, 2006
  6. kielhd

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Randal L. Schwartz <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:

    > <> writes:
    >
    > Bernard> Ich bin ein Berliner.
    >
    > I too, am a jelly donut!

    I know, it's a joke and all that, but the spirit of pedantry is strong.

    The joke only works when you don't know German very well. It is true
    that in parts of Germany a kind of jelly donuts are called "Berliner
    Pfannkuchen", sometimes shortened to "Berliner"r. But the sentence
    "Ich bin ein Berliner" would not be misunderstood that way. Especially
    not in Berlin, where the pastry is just "Pfannkuchen" without qualifier.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jan 26, 2006
  7. On 2006-01-26, Anno Siegel <-berlin.de> wrote:

    >> <> writes:
    >>
    >> Bernard> Ich bin ein Berliner.
    >>
    >> I too, am a jelly donut!

    > I know, it's a joke and all that, but the spirit of pedantry is strong.
    >
    > The joke only works when you don't know German very well. It is true
    > that in parts of Germany a kind of jelly donuts are called "Berliner
    > Pfannkuchen", sometimes shortened to "Berliner"r. But the sentence
    > "Ich bin ein Berliner" would not be misunderstood that way. Especially
    > not in Berlin, where the pastry is just "Pfannkuchen" without qualifier.

    Granted, I've just got a couple of years of University German(tm), but I
    thought the reason it was funny was an intentional parsing of it as the
    donut because the speaker clearly doesn't speak german as the "ein" is
    incorrect there. Assuming you mean that you are a Berliner, not a
    Pfannkuchen. :)

    dha

    Goldfish: The wimp-ass knight never comes out of the castle to fight
    me for dominion over the fish tank. So I must continue patrolling,
    for I am lord and master! - top5 list: Pet Peeves of Pets

    David H. Adler, Jan 26, 2006
  8. Also sprach David H. Adler:

    >>> <> writes:
    >>>
    >>> Bernard> Ich bin ein Berliner.
    >>>
    >>> I too, am a jelly donut!

    >> I know, it's a joke and all that, but the spirit of pedantry is strong.
    >>
    >> The joke only works when you don't know German very well. It is true
    >> that in parts of Germany a kind of jelly donuts are called "Berliner
    >> Pfannkuchen", sometimes shortened to "Berliner"r. But the sentence
    >> "Ich bin ein Berliner" would not be misunderstood that way. Especially
    >> not in Berlin, where the pastry is just "Pfannkuchen" without qualifier.

    > Granted, I've just got a couple of years of University German(tm), but I
    > thought the reason it was funny was an intentional parsing of it as the
    > donut because the speaker clearly doesn't speak german as the "ein" is
    > incorrect there. Assuming you mean that you are a Berliner, not a
    > Pfannkuchen. :)

    The 'ein' is entirely correct there, no matter if the piece of pastry
    was meant or a citizen of that city. Same problem with 'Ich bin ein
    Hamburger'. It's all context. :)

    And if context was lacking, then clearly most Germans wouldn't think of
    a jelly-filled donut shaped like a baseball.

    Tassilo
    --
    use bigint;

    Tassilo v. Parseval, Jan 26, 2006
  9. Bernard El-Hagin wrote:
    > "Tassilo v. Parseval" <> wrote:
    >
    > [...]
    >

    >>The 'ein' is entirely correct there, no matter if the piece of
    >>pastry was meant or a citizen of that city. Same problem with 'Ich
    >>bin ein Hamburger'. It's all context. :)
    >>
    >>And if context was lacking, then clearly most Germans wouldn't
    >>think of a jelly-filled donut shaped like a baseball.

    > This is what Kennedy was hoping for, of course. :)

    As the context was a speech in Berlin, there was little reason to think
    anything else. Much like "I 'll be having a friend for dinner" does not
    leave room for imagination when it comes from Hannibal Lecter's mouth.

    Being from Paderborn, I'm glad that our local bread is neutral while I'm
    masculine B-{)

    --
    Josef Möllers (Pinguinpfleger bei FSC)
    -- T. Pratchett