    What is the xhtml code to get your E-mail message to fill in subject line, I
    want the subject line to automaticly be filled in, so I can use outlook to
    create rule, and send to specific folder?

    Kedrid, Aug 14, 2004

  2. Kedrid

    Neal Guest

    On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 03:23:30 GMT, Kedrid <> wrote:

    > What is the xhtml code to get your E-mail message to fill in subject
    > line, I
    > want the subject line to automaticly be filled in, so I can use outlook
    > create rule, and send to specific folder?

    Well, you can use a link like:

    <a
    href="mailto:?subject=This%20is%20the%20subject">Link
    text</a>

    but it's suboptimal, as it requires an email client tied to the browser,
    which is never guaranteed. Best bet is the NMS Formmail script or
    something like it, and specify a subject. I have one at
    http://www.opro.org/email.html if you want an example of the form code.
    Although if I were creating this site today I'd use HTML 4.01, this page
    is XHTML code served as text/html.

    Neal, Aug 14, 2004

  3. Kedrid wrote:
    > What is the xhtml code to get your E-mail message to fill in subject line, I
    > want the subject line to automaticly be filled in, so I can use outlook to
    > create rule, and send to specific folder?

    You can't reliably create an email link, not to mention a subject header
    to it. Many browsers aren't configured to handle mailto links correctly,
    and some email clients can't handle the subject parameter even if the
    browser is configured correctly.

    The simplest method for your problem would be to sign up with a free
    email forwarding service (Google is your friend) and have Outhouse
    filter email sent to that address. A more complex but possibly better
    solution would be to use a form, but that would probably be overkill for
    your situation.

    Leif K-Brooks, Aug 14, 2004