e.newvalues looking at the e.oldvalues in gridview_row updating event

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by loga123, Jun 26, 2006.

  1. loga123

    loga123 Guest

    Hi All,

    I am using asp.net 2.0. I have a gridview with
    AutoGenerateEditButton="True" .
    I am trying to access newValues in rowupdating event. It gives me
    "oldvalues" collection.
    I have
    a) datakeynames property set
    b) I am using template fields in my gridview and have "EVAL" for
    ItemTemplate and "BIND" for EditItemTemplate
    c) I have datasourceID and updatestatement set.
    d) I set DataMember="DefaultView"

    I am not sure what am I missing. I have worked before with gridview row

    update/delete..but never faced such problem.

    I want to validate the user input before my row is updated. I
    think...we can do this in rowupdating event before row is updated.

    I am not sure why e.newvalues collection is returning the oldvalues.

    any help is greatly appreciated.

    loga123, Jun 26, 2006