    Is there an equivalent way to determine the size of the result from a WCF
    service? Sorry if this is obvious (and I hope it is).
    Thanks.

    Larry Epn, Nov 17, 2009

  2. Hi,

    >I used to use e.result.length in classic WebServices.
    >I don't see the same property in WCF.
    >I have searched the net but find no equivalent.
    >Is there an equivalent way to determine the size of the result from a WCF
    >service? Sorry if this is obvious (and I hope it is).
    >Thanks.

    Do you mean the e.Result in the callback method of an async call to asmx
    web service? I'm not aware of that there's a e.result.length property for
    use in classic asmx web service. What's the return type of the web service
    call? As far as I know e.Result will be the same class type as the return
    type of the web service method in most cases. So say the method returns
    string the auto generated code will let e.Result be a string so that you
    can get string.Length.

    On the other hand, if you want to know the total size of the response you
    can use Message Inspectors in WCF:

    Please let me know if I misunderstood what you mean by e.result.length.

    Regards,
    Allen Chen
    Microsoft Online Support

    .

    Allen Chen [MSFT], Nov 17, 2009

  3. Hi,

    >I used to use e.result.length in classic WebServices.
    >I don't see the same property in WCF.
    >I have searched the net but find no equivalent.
    >Is there an equivalent way to determine the size of the result from a WCF
    >service? Sorry if this is obvious (and I hope it is).
    >Thanks.

    Do you have any progress on this issue?

    Regards,
    Allen Chen