Easibox 0.4.2 released - an archiving program

phil hunt

I've just released version 0.4.2 of my Easibox program, which is
used to automate the creation of archive files (tar, tar.gz, tgz,
tar.bz2 and zip formats), typically for open source projects.

New features in Easibox 0.4.2
=============================

Version 0.4.2 adds new features to Easibox:

* the "easiunbox" program unpacks archive files.
* the main easibox executable now deals better with subdirectories
and hidden files.
* the --info option has also been enhanced.

The "easiunbox" program does the opposite of the "easibox"
program: it takes one archive file, and unpacks it to produce its
individual component files. You use easiunbox from the command
line like this:

$ easiunbox somearchive.tar.gz

Easiunbox uses the extension (in this case .tar.gz) to work out
what sort of archive file it is; then it unpacks it. Easiunbox
doesn't do anything you couldn't do from the command line with
unzip, tar, gunzip, or bunzip2, but it easier just to remember
one command than all of those with all their options.

Further information

Easibox is written in Python and licensed under the GNU General
Public License; see file COPYING (which comes with the
distribution) for details.

Release notes for the latest version of Easibox:
<http://www.cabalamat.org/weblog/current_easibox.html>

The Easibox home page:
<http://www.cabalamat.org/oss/easibox/intro.html>

Easibox page on Freshmeat: