    I was wondering, are there any vector image types that do not
    require plugins and would be an easy conversion from other image types?
    , Dec 18, 2007

  2. Nik Coughlin Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hey everyone,
    > I was wondering, are there any vector image types that do not
    > require plugins and would be an easy conversion from other image types?

    No. Closest you will get is SVG.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics
    Nik Coughlin, Dec 18, 2007

  3. Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> Hey everyone,
    >> I was wondering, are there any vector image types that do not
    >> require plugins and would be an easy conversion from other image types?

    > No. Closest you will get is SVG.
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

    For *modern* web browsers that is... <rim shot> Yep guess who that
    leaves out...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Nik Coughlin Guest

    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> Hey everyone,
    >>> I was wondering, are there any vector image types that do not
    >>> require plugins and would be an easy conversion from other image types?

    >> No. Closest you will get is SVG.
    >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalable_Vector_Graphics

    > For *modern* web browsers that is... <rim shot> Yep guess who that leaves
    > out...

    Not without a plugin, no. None of them support all of SVG without plugins
    anyway. Opera supports Tiny SVG, Firefox, Safari and Konquerer support a
    subset of SVG.
    Nik Coughlin, Dec 19, 2007
  5. ..oO(Nik Coughlin)

    >"Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> For *modern* web browsers that is... <rim shot> Yep guess who that leaves
    >> out...

    >Not without a plugin, no. None of them support all of SVG without plugins
    >anyway. Opera supports Tiny SVG, Firefox, Safari and Konquerer support a
    >subset of SVG.

    That's better than nothing. For "normal" SVG images the native support
    in modern browsers is usually enough.

    Micha
    Michael Fesser, Dec 19, 2007
  6. Michael Fesser wrote:
    > .oO(Nik Coughlin)
    >
    >> "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> For *modern* web browsers that is... <rim shot> Yep guess who that leaves
    >>> out...

    >> Not without a plugin, no. None of them support all of SVG without plugins
    >> anyway. Opera supports Tiny SVG, Firefox, Safari and Konquerer support a
    >> subset of SVG.

    > That's better than nothing. For "normal" SVG images the native support
    > in modern browsers is usually enough.

    Yep, sure beats a download box! SVG work very well for logos if only...

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 19, 2007

    I am rendering some designs in svg, and i was wondering, if i were to
    require the SVG plugin could I easily scale the images down and
    enlarge them, without any quality loss?

    On Dec 18, 10:27 pm, "Jonathan N. Little" <>
    wrote:
    > Michael Fesser wrote:
    > > .oO(Nik Coughlin)

    > >> "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote in message

    > >> Not without a plugin, no. None of them support all of SVG without plugins
    > >> anyway. Opera supports Tiny SVG, Firefox, Safari and Konquerer support a
    > >> subset of SVG.

    > > That's better than nothing. For "normal" SVG images the native support
    > > in modern browsers is usually enough.

    > Yep, sure beats a download box! SVG work very well for logos if only...
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com