easily scalable images

ysoussov

Hey everyone,
I was wondering, are there any vector image types that do not
require plugins and would be an easy conversion from other image types?

Nik Coughlin

Jonathan N. Little said:
For *modern* web browsers that is... <rim shot> Yep guess who that leaves
out...

Not without a plugin, no. None of them support all of SVG without plugins
anyway. Opera supports Tiny SVG, Firefox, Safari and Konquerer support a
subset of SVG.

Michael Fesser

..oO(Nik Coughlin)
Not without a plugin, no. None of them support all of SVG without plugins
anyway. Opera supports Tiny SVG, Firefox, Safari and Konquerer support a
subset of SVG.

That's better than nothing. For "normal" SVG images the native support
in modern browsers is usually enough.

Micha

Jonathan N. Little

Michael said:
.oO(Nik Coughlin)

That's better than nothing. For "normal" SVG images the native support
in modern browsers is usually enough.

Yep, sure beats a download box! SVG work very well for logos if only...

ysoussov

I am rendering some designs in svg, and i was wondering, if i were to
require the SVG plugin could I easily scale the images down and
enlarge them, without any quality loss?