Easy Question for "Someone" who knows ASP.

samadams_2006

Hello,

I haven't done much programming in .asp and was wondering if someone
could provide me with some sample code to do the following task...

I have a Web Service called:

http://abc.def.com:8088/wsABC.asmx

It has a Web Method called:

public string getReportId(string sKey)
{
<code>
return sValue
}

When you call this Web Method with an input string (ie: sKey) it will
return (in the form of a string) an sValue.

I would like this classic asp (ie: test.asp) to consume this web
service and method, and pass an example "Key" to it, and return the
sValue.

I would then like to "append" this sValue on the end of another URL I
have, namely:

http://reports.def.com:8088/Reports/asp/ReportView.asp?id=123

(where 123 is the sValue in this case)

and redirect (via Http Redirect) to this ReportView.asp

I believe this is quite simple for all you knowledgeable folks. I'm
just not too versed in regular .asp, and am getting a lot of compile
errors as the debug environment I have is almost non-existent.

Also, is there an easy way to read the values of these URL's from a
Web.config file?

THANKS so much in advance to all you "gurus"...

Bob Barrows [MVP]

[...]

There are several examples (I'm thinking of one on 4guysfromrolla) that you
can find by googling for

consume web service with classic asp