Easy text alignment in Frontpage question.

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Pete, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. Pete

    Pete Guest

    I know this is going to be the easiest thing in the world to fix but I
    can't
    find out how to anywhere, honest, I looked.

    an example page
    http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc-productionsourclients.htm

    Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch across
    the
    whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as the 2
    picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with something and it
    no longer lines up.

    Thanks for any help anyone can give.

    (The fiddling was making the text justified, it looked wrong, I put it back
    to default)

    Peter

    Pete, Mar 5, 2004

  2. Pete wrote:

    > http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc-productionsourclients.htm
    >
    > Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch
    > across the
    > whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as
    > the 2 picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with
    > something and it no longer lines up.

    You have an extra <td valign="top" width="24"></td> before one
    <!--msnavigation-->
    Remove that and it looks the way I think you want it...

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen
    http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Mar 5, 2004

  3. On 2004-03-05 12:37:11 +0100, "Pete" <> said:
    > an example page
    > http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc-productionsourclients.htm
    > Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch across
    > the whole of the cell.

    It does stretch to the same width as your picts on my computer (Mac)
    using Safari or MSIE. It is not justified, but you said you didn't like
    it to be. So I don't see your problem.

    BTW, you should probably not use underlining for anything that is not a
    link. There are many other ways to enhance typography, starting with
    font size, face, weight and colour.

    --
    Fran├žois de Dardel
    http:/mapage.noos.fr/dardelf

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Fran=E7ois_de_Dardel?=, Mar 5, 2004
  4. Pete

    Pete Guest

    "Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen" <> wrote in message
    > Pete wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc-productionsourclients.htm
    > >
    > > Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch
    > > across the
    > > whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as
    > > the 2 picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with
    > > something and it no longer lines up.

    > You have an extra <td valign="top" width="24"></td> before one
    > <!--msnavigation-->
    > Remove that and it looks the way I think you want it...

    Tried it, made no difference. Any other ideas?

    (I know that line is still on the published page, FP seems to be adding that
    bit automatically, something to do with shared borders I guess)

    Pete, Mar 5, 2004
  5. Pete

    lostinspace Guest

    > I know this is going to be the easiest thing in the world to fix but I
    > can't
    > find out how to anywhere, honest, I looked.
    >
    > an example page
    > http://www.ctc-productions.co.uk/ctc-productionsourclients.htm
    >
    > Can someone explain why the text in the main body doesn't stretch across
    > the
    > whole of the cell. It used to line up so it was the same width as the 2
    > picture strips half way down the page, then I fiddled with something and

    it
    > no longer lines up.
    >
    > Thanks for any help anyone can give.
    >
    > (The fiddling was making the text justified, it looked wrong, I put it

    back
    > to default)
    >
    > Peter

    Your current line begins with :

    Change the 548 to a higher number and your text will expand.

    BTW table height is a bad thing even in FP.

    lostinspace, Mar 5, 2004
  6. Pete wrote:
    >> You have an extra <td valign="top" width="24"></td> before one
    >> <!--msnavigation-->
    >> Remove that and it looks the way I think you want it...

    > Tried it, made no difference. Any other ideas?
    >
    > (I know that line is still on the published page, FP seems to be
    > adding that bit automatically, something to do with shared borders I
    > guess)

    That is such a wonderful example of why you should abandon Frontpage! If you
    use a good editor, let's say EditPlus, http://www.editplus.com/, you will
    have total control on what is added to your pages.

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Mar 5, 2004
  7. Pete wrote:
    > Tried it, made no difference. Any other ideas?

    I have made a suggestion, here: http://home.online.no/~ingerfaj/coast.htm
    The main content is a bit more to the left now.
    It's not perfect, but the code is smaller.

    --
    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen

    Inger Helene Falch-Jacobsen, Mar 5, 2004