easy to implement site search tool

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Mark Reed, Jun 11, 2006.

  1. Mark Reed

    Mark Reed Guest

    I am looking to add a simple website search function to my website.

    I have looked over a few low cost solutions and found:

    http://www.coffeecup.com/website-search/?from=amb11862

    It looks pretty easy to use. The one thing I noticed is that the search
    interface is flash based.

    Can those of you that are pros take a look at this link and let me know
    your thoughts on this tool?

    Also, if you have any other suggestions for an EASY TO IMPLEMENT and LOW
    COST solution for searching my site? I want something that does not rely on
    and outside party such as the google site search, which is why I am
    somewhat settled on the one from Coffeecup.

    thanks!

    M. Reed
    Mark Reed, Jun 11, 2006

  2. Mark Reed

    SmakDaddy Guest

    "Mark Reed" <> wrote in message
    > I am looking to add a simple website search function to my website.
    >
    > I have looked over a few low cost solutions and found:
    >
    > http://www.coffeecup.com/website-search/?from=amb11862
    >
    > It looks pretty easy to use. The one thing I noticed is that the search
    > interface is flash based.
    >
    > Can those of you that are pros take a look at this link and let me know
    > your thoughts on this tool?
    >
    > Also, if you have any other suggestions for an EASY TO IMPLEMENT and LOW
    > COST solution for searching my site? I want something that does not rely

    on
    > and outside party such as the google site search, which is why I am
    > somewhat settled on the one from Coffeecup.
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > M. Reed

    http://www.greywyvern.com/orca

    The author is @ alt.www.webmaster if you need insight.