    --
    Jim
    http://www.runfatboy.net - Exercise for the rest of us.

    Jim Jones, Aug 14, 2006

  2. Jim Jones

    Ravi Teja Guest

    Jim Jones wrote:
    > I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute
    > processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
    > like to be able to call something along the lines of
    >
    > distribute(foo(x))
    >
    > And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and then
    > have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.
    >
    > Any insight is greatly appreciated.

    Sounds like Grid computing. Google for Globus toolkit and ActiveGrid.

    Good luck.

    Ravi Teja, Aug 14, 2006

  3. Jim Jones

    Maurice LING Guest

    Jim Jones wrote:
    > I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to distribute
    > processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
    > like to be able to call something along the lines of
    >
    > distribute(foo(x))
    >
    > And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and then
    > have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.
    >
    > Any insight is greatly appreciated.

    Globus toolkit
    pyGlobus, python interface to Globus
    (http://dsd.lbl.gov/gtg/projects/pyGlobus/)
    pyLinda (http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/aw/pylinda/)

    Cheers
    maurice

    Maurice LING, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Jim Jones

    AlbaClause Guest

    Jim Jones wrote:

    > I am looking for a system in Python that will easily allow me to
    > distribute
    > processes across multiple systems? So, if I have a function 'foo', I'd
    > like to be able to call something along the lines of
    >
    > distribute(foo(x))
    >
    > And have the system figure out which node is available for process, and
    > then have the results returned in some sort of callback fashion.
    >
    > Any insight is greatly appreciated.

    I did a little research on this subject not too long ago. From what I've
    seen, OpenMosix appears to be about the easiest one for Linux Operating
    Systems. Here's the url: http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/

    There are several things that I will never be:
    * I will never be attracted to females.
    * I will never enjoy the company of others.
    Exactly how these realities bode for my enemy, is not of my concern.

    AlbaClause, Aug 14, 2006
  5. Jim Jones

    John Henry Guest

    I've been using Pyro and it does what I needs it to do for me.

    I don't know if it's as fancy as other packages but the price is right.

    John Henry, Aug 14, 2006