EasyInstall under Windows - strange behaviour

Norbert

Hello all,
i try to install ZSI under python 2.5 and windows 2000.
I Downloaded the egg and tried the following

c:\Python25\Scripts>easy_install.exe c:\download\ZSI-2.0_rc3-py2.5.egg

The result is that pythonwin pops up and shows the file :
c:\Python25\Scripts\easy_install-script.py :
----------------------------
!C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe
# EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT:
'setuptools==0.6c3','console_scripts','easy_install'
__requires__ = 'setuptools==0.6c3'
import sys
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

sys.exit(
load_entry_point('setuptools==0.6c3', 'console_scripts',
'easy_install')()
)
----------------------------

What is going on here ?
I presume that there are some trivial things I don't understand, can
someone provide apointer or hint ?

Thank you for your time !

Norbert

thunderfoot

Norbert said:
[...]

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you associated the .py file extension
with the pythonwin program, so that's what's being used to open it
(instead of the desired python.exe). See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320033 for more information.

hth,
Don

Norbert

I'm no expert, but it sounds like you associated the .py file extension
with the pythonwin program, so that's what's being used to open it
(instead of the desired python.exe). See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320033 for more information.

hth,
Don

Thank you for the tip, but I checked this and this is not the case.

I presume that I missed a step in the ez_setup process.

Thanks again

Norbert