EasyInstall under Windows - strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Python' started by Norbert, Nov 30, 2006.

  1. Norbert

    Norbert Guest

    Hello all,
    i try to install ZSI under python 2.5 and windows 2000.
    I Downloaded the egg and tried the following

    c:\Python25\Scripts>easy_install.exe c:\download\ZSI-2.0_rc3-py2.5.egg

    The result is that pythonwin pops up and shows the file :
    c:\Python25\Scripts\easy_install-script.py :
    ----------------------------
    !C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe
    # EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT:
    'setuptools==0.6c3','console_scripts','easy_install'
    __requires__ = 'setuptools==0.6c3'
    import sys
    from pkg_resources import load_entry_point

    sys.exit(
    load_entry_point('setuptools==0.6c3', 'console_scripts',
    'easy_install')()
    )
    ----------------------------

    What is going on here ?
    I presume that there are some trivial things I don't understand, can
    someone provide apointer or hint ?

    Thank you for your time !

    Norbert
    Norbert, Nov 30, 2006

  2. Norbert

    Guest

    Norbert wrote:
    > Hello all,
    > i try to install ZSI under python 2.5 and windows 2000.
    > I Downloaded the egg and tried the following
    >
    > c:\Python25\Scripts>easy_install.exe c:\download\ZSI-2.0_rc3-py2.5.egg
    >
    > The result is that pythonwin pops up and shows the file :
    > c:\Python25\Scripts\easy_install-script.py :
    > ----------------------------
    > !C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe
    > # EASY-INSTALL-ENTRY-SCRIPT:
    > 'setuptools==0.6c3','console_scripts','easy_install'
    > __requires__ = 'setuptools==0.6c3'
    > import sys
    > from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
    >
    > sys.exit(
    > load_entry_point('setuptools==0.6c3', 'console_scripts',
    > 'easy_install')()
    > )
    > ----------------------------
    >
    > What is going on here ?
    > I presume that there are some trivial things I don't understand, can
    > someone provide apointer or hint ?
    >
    > Thank you for your time !
    >
    > Norbert

    I'm no expert, but it sounds like you associated the .py file extension
    with the pythonwin program, so that's what's being used to open it
    (instead of the desired python.exe). See
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320033 for more information.

    hth,
    Don
    , Nov 30, 2006

  3. Norbert

    Norbert Guest

    schrieb:

    > I'm no expert, but it sounds like you associated the .py file extension
    > with the pythonwin program, so that's what's being used to open it
    > (instead of the desired python.exe). See
    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320033 for more information.
    >
    > hth,
    > Don

    Thank you for the tip, but I checked this and this is not the case.

    I presume that I missed a step in the ez_setup process.

    Thanks again

    Norbert
    Norbert, Dec 1, 2006