eating memory

lalawiet

Hi there,

I want to write a program in vc++ that can read or even delete random
memory addresses. Anyone know how to generate something like this? I
want to make a program that like "eats" the memory from a computer,
not for a virus, but for a AI program and i want it to feed itself
with memory :p.

Me

Simon Wollwage

On 15 Mar 2007 07:06:12 -0700
Hi there,

I want to write a program in vc++ that can read or even delete random
memory addresses. Anyone know how to generate something like this? I
want to make a program that like "eats" the memory from a computer,
not for a virus, but for a AI program and i want it to feed itself
with memory :p.

Me

perhaps something like that?

Simon Wollwage

On 15 Mar 2007 07:06:12 -0700
Hi there,

I want to write a program in vc++ that can read or even delete random
memory addresses. Anyone know how to generate something like this? I
want to make a program that like "eats" the memory from a computer,
not for a virus, but for a AI program and i want it to feed itself
with memory :p.

Me
sry, new try:

perhaps something like that?

void *p = random(100000);
delete p;

Simon Wollwage

On 15 Mar 2007 07:06:12 -0700

sry, new try:

perhaps something like that?

void *p = random(100000);
delete p;

again:

void *p;
p = random(100000);
delete p;

this looks much better ^^

Victor Bazarov

Hi there,

I want to write a program in vc++

So, write it, why don't you?
that can read or even delete random
memory addresses. Anyone know how to generate something like this? I
want to make a program that like "eats" the memory from a computer,
not for a virus, but for a AI program and i want it to feed itself
with memory :p.

'new' allocates memory. Don't release it and your program will own
that memory while it's running. There is nothing in the language
that could help you retain the ownership of that memory _after_ your
program ends, if there is a way it would be system-specific.

benben

Hi there,

I want to write a program in vc++ that can read or even delete random
memory addresses. Anyone know how to generate something like this? I
want to make a program that like "eats" the memory from a computer,
not for a virus, but for a AI program and i want it to feed itself
with memory :p.

Me

Seriously, you can possibly read from, and write to, a memory address
but what do you mean by deleting it?

Ben