ECC- Algorithm

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Hari, Jul 26, 2006.

  1. Hari

    Hari Guest

    I am currently working in a development of error detection and
    correction algorithm. I found a sample ECC algorithm provided by
    Samsung for NAND flash.

    Please checkup the algorithm following link.

    http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/Memory/appnote/samsung_new_ecc_for_512byte_256word.txt

    The ECC algorithm detects all Single bit errors. It generates 3 ECC
    (Parity code) bytes for a given data of 512bytes

    We need to generate ECC codes for the original data and corrupted data.
    We can generate ECC bytes using the function make_ecc_512(). Later we
    need to compare them using the function.compare_ecc_512().

    Problem:
    It doesn't detects 0000 bits change to 1111 bit. & viceversa. (ie. Data
    0x0000 changes to 0xFFFF is detected as NO_ERROR).

    Reason:
    The ECC generated for 0x0000 and 0xFFFF are the same.

    Can anyone help me to resolve the issue.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Hari
    Hari, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Hari

    Guest

    Hari wrote:
    > I am currently working in a development of error detection and
    > correction algorithm. I found a sample ECC algorithm provided by
    > Samsung for NAND flash.
    >
    > Please checkup the algorithm following link.
    >
    > http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/Memory/appnote/samsung_new_ecc_for_512byte_256word.txt
    >
    > The ECC algorithm detects all Single bit errors. It generates 3 ECC
    > (Parity code) bytes for a given data of 512bytes
    >
    > We need to generate ECC codes for the original data and corrupted data.
    > We can generate ECC bytes using the function make_ecc_512(). Later we
    > need to compare them using the function.compare_ecc_512().
    >
    > Problem:
    > It doesn't detects 0000 bits change to 1111 bit. & viceversa. (ie. Data
    > 0x0000 changes to 0xFFFF is detected as NO_ERROR).
    >
    > Reason:
    > The ECC generated for 0x0000 and 0xFFFF are the same.
    >
    > Can anyone help me to resolve the issue.
    >
    > Thanks in advance.

    You are way off topic here. Probably, comp.programming would have been

    closer to your goal.

    Try this:
    http://www.eccpage.com/

    HTH