    By the way, I am using c# if this would make any difference.

    TIA

    --
    Guest, May 26, 2005

  2. You can wire to the onkeydown event for the second text box.

    When that function/event fires, you can change the label or whatever you are
    wanting to do. C# really has nothing to do with it other than:

    txtEntry.Attributes["onkeydown"] = "javascript: EchoText( this );";

    HTH,

    bill

    <dl> wrote in message news:...
    > Hi
    > I am working on a web application, just wonder how could I display (on a

    web

    William F. Robertson, Jr., May 26, 2005

    Guest Guest

    Are we doing some kind of client side programming?
    Let me try to see if I get this right. "EchoText" is the client side
    javascript event that actually put / echo the text onto another textbox?
    I guess I can not have a server control when doing this, can I?

    TIA

    Guest, May 27, 2005
  4. Yes you can have a server control do this. But without posting back every
    key stroke, you will need do to the bulk of the work client side. It will
    not be a happy user experience if they must wait after each keypress for the
    page to reload.

    Remember that web programming is disconnected. After the page is rendered
    and sent to the browser, the only way to have server side functionality is
    to have the page post back to get the server involved.

    What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

    bill

    William F. Robertson, Jr., May 27, 2005