Eclipse-3.7.2, findbugs-2.0.2, JDK-1.7.0_xx?

Volker Borchert

I am using Eclpise-3.7.2 with findbugs-2.0.2 to work on an application
compiled against and running on JDK/JRE-1.7.0_xx. However, I am running
Eclipse itself on JDK-1.6.0_xx because my favourite database brwoser,
jORA, does not run properly otherwise.

In this set-up, findbugs fails to recognize the news of 1.7, like the
Objects class or the additional java.sql.ResultSet methods.

I couldn't find a setting for this. Am I missing something obvious or
is findbugs condemned to analyze against the JDK the hosting Eclipse
is running on?

TIA
Volker

Arne Vajhøj

I am using Eclpise-3.7.2 with findbugs-2.0.2 to work on an application
compiled against and running on JDK/JRE-1.7.0_xx. However, I am running
Eclipse itself on JDK-1.6.0_xx because my favourite database brwoser,
jORA, does not run properly otherwise.

In this set-up, findbugs fails to recognize the news of 1.7, like the
Objects class or the additional java.sql.ResultSet methods.

I couldn't find a setting for this. Am I missing something obvious or
is findbugs condemned to analyze against the JDK the hosting Eclipse
is running on?

Is FindBug run via an Eclipse plugin or an Ant script?

If the first try the second.

Arne

Volker Borchert

Arne said:
Is FindBug run via an Eclipse plugin or an Ant script?

If the first try the second.

Tried that, but got really strange messages that seemed to indicate
that file names were broken in two sometimes. Gave up on that for now.