Eclipse and Ant with Struts: how to combine to generate javadoc api, how to map struts source to bin

Discussion in 'Java' started by Merlijn, Mar 24, 2006.

  1. Merlijn

    Merlijn Guest

    Hi all,

    FYI: I'm a newbie on struts and javadoc.

    I'm using:

    ant 1.6.5,
    eclipse 3.1.1,
    javadoc (jdk v1.5.0_06),
    struts 1.2.8

    My question is:

    I've been strugling to get the struts source mapped to the struts
    libraries (.jar), so I can follow my code into the struts code in
    eclipse. I want to do this in order to get a higher level of
    understanding.

    How do I set this up in an eclipse project? Where do I put the struts
    src and where to keep my own sources?

    Another question is: how do I point out where the struts sources are
    that need to be referenced when I run my ant task that generates the
    javadoc code for my project?

    Now I get the following output:
    Generating Javadoc
    [javadoc] Javadoc execution
    [javadoc] Loading source files for package ch03.hello...
    [javadoc] Constructing Javadoc information...
    [javadoc]
    E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\HelloAction.java:3:
    package javax.servlet.http does not exist
    [javadoc] import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;
    [javadoc] ^
    [javadoc]
    E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\HelloAction.java:4:
    package javax.servlet.http does not exist
    [javadoc] import javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;
    [javadoc] ^
    [javadoc]
    E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\HelloAction.java:6:
    package org.apache.struts.action does not exist
    [javadoc] import org.apache.struts.action.Action;
    [javadoc] ^
    [javadoc]
    E:\workspace\struts\struts.ch03\src\ch03\hello\HelloAction.java:7:
    package org.apache.struts.action does not exist
    [javadoc] import org.apache.struts.action.ActionError;

    It looks like ant can't find some referenced library code, but I don't
    have a clue how to fix it.

    I hope I haven't been to ambiguous about my problem. This is probably
    the best way I can describe it :)

    Thank for your kind help.

    Namasté,

    Merlijn