Eclipse and JBoss

tom.simmons

Hi Folks

I'm fairly new to using Eclipse and JBoss, so excuse me if this
question is daft....

I have JBoss (4.2) working fine with Eclipse (3.3.2) when all I want
to do is run/debug stuff locally. The problem I currently have is I
need someone else to point their browser at my development JBoss and
see what I've been working on.

As far as I can make out, the current config only responds to
http://localhost:8080, I can't even use my IP address of machine name
locally. From reading around, it seems I need to add -b <my ip
address> to the arguments list, however when I try this I get an error
towards the end of the server start up about it timing out. (I haven't
found a more detailed output)

Just for info, if I put 127.0.0.1 as my adress is starts fine, though
obviously I still can't access my machine from another.

Tom

EricF

[...]

I think you are right about the -b option if using JBoss 4.2.x. From the
release notes:

* JBossAS now binds its services to localhost (127.0.0.1) *by default*,
instead of binding to all available interfaces (0.0.0.0). This was primarily
done for security reasons because of concerns of users going to production
without having secured their servers properly. To enable remote access by
binding JBoss services to a particular interface, simply run jboss with the -b
option, but be aware you still need to secure you server properly.

Try that, find the error in boot.log or server.log, and post the relevant
errors message from the log, and mention what OS you are running.

Eric

Tom

I think you are right about the -b option if using JBoss 4.2.x. From the
release notes:

    * JBossAS now binds its services to localhost (127.0.0.1) *by default*,
instead of binding to all available interfaces (0.0.0.0). This was primarily
done for security reasons because of concerns of users going to production
without having secured their servers properly. To enable remote access by
binding JBoss services to a particular interface, simply run jboss with the -b
option, but be aware you still need to secure you server properly.

Try that, find the error in boot.log or server.log, and post the relevant
errors message from the log, and mention what OS you are running.

Eric- Hide quoted text -

Thank you, you were spot on with 0.0.0.0.

As for the reply previous to that, the reason I did not supply such
details is because I am talking about JBoss being used with Eclipse on
a development machine, not a mass audience machine.

Tom