    working properly...

    Thank you very much in advance
    Carmelo

    carmelo, Jul 17, 2008

  2. carmelo

    Christian Guest

    carmelo schrieb:
    > Hi everybody,
    > I'm trying to create an RCP application using Eclipse.
    > Following help instructions I created an application from the "Hello
    > RCP" template... But the application doesn't run, because I get
    > compiler errors... It's not possible to import anything from
    > org.eclipse.ui.
    >
    > Can you help?
    >

    > I'm using Eclipse Ganymede. Do I need to install anything for making
    > RCP work? Some days ago I installed the RAP plugin, and it's still
    > working properly...
    >
    > Thank you very much in advance
    > Carmelo

    Without more information probably not much help is possible..
    though you might be missing something... installing the RCP developer
    edition of gany med might already tke care of that..

    Christian, Jul 17, 2008

  3. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    But do you mean the RCP developer plugin for Eclipse? It's not a free
    plugin...

    carmelo, Jul 17, 2008
  4. carmelo

    Christian Guest

    Christian, Jul 18, 2008
  5. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 18 Lug, 01:12, Christian <> wrote:
    > no I meanthttp://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/
    > The eclipse IDE for Plugin developers...

    I tried, and using eclipse IDE for Plugin developers I don't have any
    problem... but I'd like to build RCP applications with my own Eclipse,
    because there I've got other plugins and projects...

    How can I do?

    Thanx
    Carmelo

    carmelo, Jul 18, 2008
  6. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    I'm seeing that the Eclipse IDE for Plugin developers has 42 files on
    the plugins directory regarding org.eclipse.ui, the other one instead
    has 20 files... Now I try to copy them to see if it works with them

    carmelo, Jul 18, 2008
  7. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    I tried, and after copying all required plugins I didn't get any
    compiler error, but the application doesn't run...
    It seems to be a problem due to the RAP plugin...

    Do you know how can I solve this problem?
    Have I run 2 different Eclipse, 1 for RCP application and another 1
    for anything else (RAP included) ?

    carmelo, Jul 18, 2008
  8. carmelo

    Christian Guest

    carmelo schrieb:
    > I tried, and after copying all required plugins I didn't get any
    > compiler error, but the application doesn't run...
    > It seems to be a problem due to the RAP plugin...
    >
    > Do you know how can I solve this problem?
    > Have I run 2 different Eclipse, 1 for RCP application and another 1
    > for anything else (RAP included) ?

    You shouldn't need.. though I don'T really know..
    on the other side I don't see why you would need the UI classes in your
    eclipse...
    Setting a correct Target Platform should be enought.
    Have you downloaded a target Platform and set in in your eclipse?

    Christian

    Christian, Jul 19, 2008
  9. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 19 Lug, 01:01, Christian <> wrote:
    > You shouldn't need.. though I don'T really know..
    > on the other side I don't see why you would need the UI classes in your
    > eclipse...
    > Setting a correct Target Platform should be enought.
    > Have you downloaded a target Platform and set in in your eclipse?

    What's a target Platform? From where can I download it?

    carmelo, Jul 19, 2008
  10. carmelo

    Christian Guest

    carmelo schrieb:
    > On 19 Lug, 01:01, Christian <> wrote:
    >> You shouldn't need.. though I don'T really know..
    >> on the other side I don't see why you would need the UI classes in your
    >> eclipse...
    >> Setting a correct Target Platform should be enought.
    >> Have you downloaded a target Platform and set in in your eclipse?

    > What's a target Platform? From where can I download it?

    The Target platform is the eclipse version against which your rcp app is
    build... if you don't set one you normal eclipse is used which is not
    allways what you want.

    get the RCP SDK from here:
    http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4-200806172000/index.php
    unpack it then go to your preferences under Plug-in Development ->
    Target Platform

    and set the unpacked folder as Location ..
    (additional you should also download the delta pack and unpack it into
    your RCP SDK folder ... this allows you to export to all supported
    platforms)

    Christian, Jul 19, 2008
  11. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    Thank you very much! Now it works :)
    Now RCP apps works but now work RAP apps... so I thought to do in this
    way: when I need to build RAP apps I switch to its target platform,
    and when I need to build RCP apps I switch to its target platform I
    just installed... isn't it?

    Thank you again!
    Carmelo

    carmelo, Jul 19, 2008
  12. carmelo

    Christian Guest

    carmelo schrieb:
    > Thank you very much! Now it works :)
    > Now RCP apps works but now work RAP apps... so I thought to do in this
    > way: when I need to build RAP apps I switch to its target platform,
    > and when I need to build RCP apps I switch to its target platform I
    > just installed... isn't it?
    >

    > Thank you again!
    > Carmelo

    or you put the plugins needed to build RAP plugins also in your target
    Platform..

    Christian, Jul 20, 2008
  13. carmelo

    carmelo Guest

    On 20 Lug, 18:53, Christian <> wrote:
    > carmelo schrieb:
    > or you put the plugins needed to build RAP plugins also in your target
    > Platform..

    I tried, and after copying all required plugins I didn't get any
    compiler error, but the application doesn't run...
    What do you suggest to copy all required plugins?

    carmelo, Jul 21, 2008
  14. carmelo

    Christian Guest

    carmelo schrieb:
    > On 20 Lug, 18:53, Christian <> wrote:
    >> carmelo schrieb:
    >> or you put the plugins needed to build RAP plugins also in your target
    >> Platform..

    > I tried, and after copying all required plugins I didn't get any
    > compiler error, but the application doesn't run...
    > What do you suggest to copy all required plugins?

    I don't know anything about RAP so as it has some webstuff in it it
    might need some more stuff besides the plugins ... like a starter a
    tomcat.. dunno.

    May be you can get more answers in the eclipse forums / newsgroups.

    Christian, Jul 21, 2008