[Eclipse / Ant] How to write protect source-code folders?

MArtin Schumacher

Hi everyone,

I've got here an interesting problem:
We generate some classes for our project with androMDA[1]. This sources
now should be readable in Eclipse. But only readable, nobody should be
able to edit them. The best would be an file-system-based write
protection. But only Eclipse would be usefull too.

Does anyone knows an option or a property in Eclipse to write protect
different source-code folders? We have one source-code folder for our
handwritten code and several different folders which contain the
generated source code. These folders we want to writeprotect.

We played around a little bit with ant to solve this. We integrated in
our build file an ant-zip-task. In the zipfileset element we could set
the writeprotection via an unix-style comnination of numbers (like chmod
777). That works fine, but ant-the unzip-task does not regognize the
file settings. and unpacks everything without write protection. With
other Zip-tools we can unpack the source code files as they are in the
zip - write protected...

Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

Thanks,
MArtin