[Eclipse / Ant] How to write protect source-code folders?

Discussion in 'Java' started by MArtin Schumacher, Dec 14, 2003.

  1. Hi everyone,

    I've got here an interesting problem:
    We generate some classes for our project with androMDA[1]. This sources
    now should be readable in Eclipse. But only readable, nobody should be
    able to edit them. The best would be an file-system-based write
    protection. But only Eclipse would be usefull too.

    Does anyone knows an option or a property in Eclipse to write protect
    different source-code folders? We have one source-code folder for our
    handwritten code and several different folders which contain the
    generated source code. These folders we want to writeprotect.

    We played around a little bit with ant to solve this. We integrated in
    our build file an ant-zip-task. In the zipfileset element we could set
    the writeprotection via an unix-style comnination of numbers (like chmod
    777). That works fine, but ant-the unzip-task does not regognize the
    file settings. and unpacks everything without write protection. With
    other Zip-tools we can unpack the source code files as they are in the
    zip - write protected...

    Has anyone an idea how to solve this?

    Thanks,
    MArtin