Eclipse CDT error parser for external tool

ups_genius

Hi everyone!

I created an error parser using the existing CDT stuff by basically
copying some of the GNU / make / ... error parsers' code. I also added
the extension point for the new error parser, and by debugging I see,
that when activated, the new error parser is actually used to parse
the regular build output.

The reason for writing this error parser though was to parse the
output produced by a batch file, run as "external tool". And this is
what does not work. The batch output is written to what seems to be
another "instance" of the console than the regular make/build output.
And the output to this console is not parsed by any of the error
parsers.

Can anyone tell me how to run the error parser on this output? It does
not necessarily have to be in the way I tried it so far, any solution
would be helpful.

By the way: Is there maybe already a plugin that provides a
configurable output/error parser (e.g. like in textpad: regex for
error output is configurable per "external tool")

Thanks in advance,
Christian

Jack Klein

[...]

And what is your question about the C programming language?

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

ups_genius

And what is your question about the C programming language?

--
Jack Klein
Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
FAQs for
comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.club.cc.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html- Zitierten Text ausblenden -

- Zitierten Text anzeigen -

You might want to check this group to see that there have already been
some questions about Eclipse here. And since the question is connected
to _CDT_ as I mentioned, I do not think that I am completely wrong...

But if there is a tools.eclipse.myproblem group (which I have not
found so far) please feel free to let me know.

Chris

santosh

You might want to check this group to see that there have already been
some questions about Eclipse here. And since the question is connected
to _CDT_ as I mentioned, I do not think that I am completely wrong...

But if there is a tools.eclipse.myproblem group (which I have not
found so far) please feel free to let me know.

What about the Eclipse newsgroups?

<http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/>