Eclipse CDT error parser for external tool

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by ups_genius@gmx.net, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi everyone!

    I created an error parser using the existing CDT stuff by basically
    copying some of the GNU / make / ... error parsers' code. I also added
    the extension point for the new error parser, and by debugging I see,
    that when activated, the new error parser is actually used to parse
    the regular build output.

    The reason for writing this error parser though was to parse the
    output produced by a batch file, run as "external tool". And this is
    what does not work. The batch output is written to what seems to be
    another "instance" of the console than the regular make/build output.
    And the output to this console is not parsed by any of the error
    parsers.

    Can anyone tell me how to run the error parser on this output? It does
    not necessarily have to be in the way I tried it so far, any solution
    would be helpful.

    By the way: Is there maybe already a plugin that provides a
    configurable output/error parser (e.g. like in textpad: regex for
    error output is configurable per "external tool")

    Thanks in advance,
    Christian
    , Nov 5, 2007

  2. Jack Klein Guest

    On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 04:56:31 -0800, wrote in
    comp.lang.c:

    > Hi everyone!
    >
    > I created an error parser using the existing CDT stuff by basically
    > copying some of the GNU / make / ... error parsers' code. I also added
    > the extension point for the new error parser, and by debugging I see,
    > that when activated, the new error parser is actually used to parse
    > the regular build output.
    >
    > The reason for writing this error parser though was to parse the
    > output produced by a batch file, run as "external tool". And this is
    > what does not work. The batch output is written to what seems to be
    > another "instance" of the console than the regular make/build output.
    > And the output to this console is not parsed by any of the error
    > parsers.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to run the error parser on this output? It does
    > not necessarily have to be in the way I tried it so far, any solution
    > would be helpful.
    >
    > By the way: Is there maybe already a plugin that provides a
    > configurable output/error parser (e.g. like in textpad: regex for
    > error output is configurable per "external tool")

    And what is your question about the C programming language?

    --
    Jack Klein
    Home: http://JK-Technology.Com
    Jack Klein, Nov 6, 2007

    On 6 Nov., 05:21, Jack Klein <> wrote:
    > On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 04:56:31 -0800, wrote in
    > comp.lang.c:
    >

    > > Hi everyone!

    > > I created an error parser using the existing CDT stuff by basically
    > > copying some of the GNU / make / ... error parsers' code. I also added
    > > the extension point for the new error parser, and by debugging I see,
    > > that when activated, the new error parser is actually used to parse
    > > the regular build output.

    > > The reason for writing this error parser though was to parse the
    > > output produced by a batch file, run as "external tool". And this is
    > > what does not work. The batch output is written to what seems to be
    > > another "instance" of the console than the regular make/build output.
    > > And the output to this console is not parsed by any of the error
    > > parsers.

    > > Can anyone tell me how to run the error parser on this output? It does
    > > not necessarily have to be in the way I tried it so far, any solution
    > > would be helpful.

    > > By the way: Is there maybe already a plugin that provides a
    > > configurable output/error parser (e.g. like in textpad: regex for
    > > error output is configurable per "external tool")

    > And what is your question about the C programming language?
    >
    > --
    > Jack Klein
    > Home:http://JK-Technology.Com
    > FAQs for
    > comp.lang.chttp://c-faq.com/
    > comp.lang.c++http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/
    > alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++http://www.club.cc.cmu.edu/~ajo/docs/FAQ-acllc.html- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
    >
    > - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

    You might want to check this group to see that there have already been
    some questions about Eclipse here. And since the question is connected
    to _CDT_ as I mentioned, I do not think that I am completely wrong...

    But if there is a tools.eclipse.myproblem group (which I have not
    found so far) please feel free to let me know.

    Chris
    , Nov 6, 2007
  4. santosh Guest

    On Tuesday 06 Nov 2007 2:01 pm < >
    wrote in article
    <>:
    > On 6 Nov., 05:21, Jack Klein <> wrote:
    >> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007 04:56:31 -0800, wrote in
    >> comp.lang.c:
    >>
    >> > Hi everyone!

    >> > I created an error parser using the existing CDT stuff

    <snip>

    >> And what is your question about the C programming language?

    > You might want to check this group to see that there have already been
    > some questions about Eclipse here. And since the question is connected
    > to _CDT_ as I mentioned, I do not think that I am completely wrong...
    >
    > But if there is a tools.eclipse.myproblem group (which I have not
    > found so far) please feel free to let me know.

    What about the Eclipse newsgroups?

    <http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups/>
    santosh, Nov 6, 2007