Eclipse CDT hangs whenever i type std::

Alex Snast

hello

I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
naturally i installed eclipse

However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
whenever i type std:: which should
bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
does is just hangs for a few seconds and
does nothing.

any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

Alex Snast

hello

I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
naturally i installed eclipse

However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
whenever i type std:: which should
bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
does is just hangs for a few seconds and
does nothing.

any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

Sorry it doesn't hang but rather opens the name scope after like 10
seconds

nb

hello
I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
naturally i installed eclipse

However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
whenever i type std:: which should
bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
does is just hangs for a few seconds and
does nothing.

any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

use netbeans

bjeremy

Yes... that is very annoying... I use the Windriver Workbench that is
actually built ontop of Eclipse 3.3... The menus are a little bit
different, just more tool sets for profiling, on chip debugging,
etc... but the main menus are more or less the same. And I can't
remember the exact options available with the CDT plugin, but you can
probably figure this out...
Go into your Preferences menu item. On left hand side there's an
option fo "C/C++", if you drill down you will see another option for
"Editor", drill down further and you will see an option for "Content
Assist"... click on this and in the main tab you should see something
that enables Content Assist for the scope operator :):)... just un-
check this...

Like I said though, depending on what version of Eclipse, the menus
are different, but if you can't find this, look in the Help section
for "Content Assisst"