    does is just hangs for a few seconds and
    does nothing.

    any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

    Alex Snast, Jun 3, 2008

  2. Alex Snast

    Alex Snast Guest

    On 3 יוני, 21:57, Alex Snast <> wrote:
    > hello
    >
    > I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
    > naturally i installed eclipse
    >
    > However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
    > whenever i type std:: which should
    > bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
    > does is just hangs for a few seconds and
    > does nothing.
    >
    > any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

    Sorry it doesn't hang but rather opens the name scope after like 10
    seconds

    Alex Snast, Jun 3, 2008

  3. Alex Snast

    nb Guest

    > hello
    >
    > I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
    > naturally i installed eclipse
    >
    > However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
    > whenever i type std:: which should
    > bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
    > does is just hangs for a few seconds and
    > does nothing.
    >
    > any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

    use netbeans

    nb, Jun 3, 2008
  4. Alex Snast

    bjeremy Guest

    On Jun 3, 3:22 pm, nb <> wrote:
    > > hello

    > > I've just started learning Linux and i want looking for a good IDE so
    > > naturally i installed eclipse

    > > However i have a small problem, for some weird reason the editor hangs
    > > whenever i type std:: which should
    > > bring up the std namespace (that's what i get in msvs) however all it
    > > does is just hangs for a few seconds and
    > > does nothing.

    > > any kind of help would be much appreciated, Alex Snast

    Yes... that is very annoying... I use the Windriver Workbench that is
    actually built ontop of Eclipse 3.3... The menus are a little bit
    different, just more tool sets for profiling, on chip debugging,
    etc... but the main menus are more or less the same. And I can't
    remember the exact options available with the CDT plugin, but you can
    probably figure this out...
    Go into your Preferences menu item. On left hand side there's an
    option fo "C/C++", if you drill down you will see another option for
    "Editor", drill down further and you will see an option for "Content
    Assist"... click on this and in the main tab you should see something
    that enables Content Assist for the scope operator :):)... just un-
    check this...

    Like I said though, depending on what version of Eclipse, the menus
    are different, but if you can't find this, look in the Help section
    for "Content Assisst"

    bjeremy, Jun 4, 2008