Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!

Discussion in 'Java' started by sickness, May 17, 2006.

  1. sickness

    sickness Guest

    Hello :roll:
    I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and jboss 4.0.3SP1.
    Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!

    When I try to start Jboss it say me:

    Error starting endpoint
    java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080

    I try to:
    -restart eclipse
    -restart the pc
    -reinstall Jboss
    -reinstall Eclipse
    -modify the server port

    but still it doesn't go!

    Someone knows what's the problem?
    thanks for all
    bye

    :wink:

    sickness, May 17, 2006

  2. sickness

    sickness Guest

    excuse me I say wrong.. I want to say

    When I try to start Jboss Eclipse say me with an error window:

    Server port In Use 8080-Http

    sickness, May 17, 2006

  3. sickness wrote (not quite in this order):

    > I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and jboss 4.0.3SP1.
    > Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!

    > When I try to start Jboss Eclipse say me with an error window:
    >
    > Server port In Use 8080-Http

    > I try to:
    > -restart eclipse
    > -restart the pc
    > -reinstall Jboss
    > -reinstall Eclipse
    > -modify the server port

    > excuse me I say wrong.. I want to say

    Is it possible there really is a process listening on 8080, and getting
    restarted every time you boot the PC? What operating system are you
    using? If you are on Windows, you might try something like:

    netstat | find "8080"

    Jeffrey Schwab, May 17, 2006
  4. sickness

    sickness Guest

    hello thx a lot for the response
    yes I'm using WinXp
    netstat -an
    gives me this in the screenshot

    http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif

    I can see
    0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING

    This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
    any program/process started that use this port..
    Any suggestion?
    Thx to all
    =)

    sickness, May 18, 2006
  5. On 18 May 2006 00:32:37 -0700, sickness wrote:
    > yes I'm using WinXp
    > netstat -an
    > gives me this in the screenshot
    >
    > http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif
    >
    > I can see
    > 0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING
    >
    > This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
    > any program/process started that use this port..

    It means that a process most definitely has opened the port and is
    waiting for incoming connections there.

    If you don't know what that program might be, I'd suggest finding out
    so you can stop it. A tool "lsof" (which may not support Windows, I
    don't know) can tell you which process has the port open.

    Or try connecting to it with "telnet localhost 8080" or a webbrowser
    (http://localhost:8080/) to see if that gives you any clues.

    (Perhaps it's not significant, but it's apparent from the screenshot
    that you also have processes with connections to port 8080 on another
    machine in your network).

    /gordon

    Gordon Beaton, May 18, 2006

    Philip Reimer, May 18, 2006
  7. sickness

    sickness Guest

    thx a lot guys

    sickness, May 19, 2006
  8. sickness

    Aman Pirani

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    i am starting JBoss server but shwing me error that
    port number 8080 in Use-http.
    please help me with this.

    Aman Pirani, Nov 25, 2012