Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!

sickness

Hello :roll:
I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and jboss 4.0.3SP1.
Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!

When I try to start Jboss it say me:

Error starting endpoint
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080

I try to:
-restart eclipse
-restart the pc
-reinstall Jboss
-reinstall Eclipse
-modify the server port

but still it doesn't go!

Someone knows what's the problem?
thanks for all
bye

:wink:

sickness

excuse me I say wrong.. I want to say

When I try to start Jboss Eclipse say me with an error window:

Server port In Use 8080-Http

Jeffrey Schwab

sickness wrote (not quite in this order):
I'm using Eclipse 3.1.2 and jboss 4.0.3SP1.
Eclipse crashed.. and now Jboss doesn't start!
When I try to start Jboss Eclipse say me with an error window:

Server port In Use 8080-Http
I try to:
-restart eclipse
-restart the pc
-reinstall Jboss
-reinstall Eclipse
-modify the server port
excuse me I say wrong.. I want to say

Is it possible there really is a process listening on 8080, and getting
restarted every time you boot the PC? What operating system are you
using? If you are on Windows, you might try something like:

netstat | find "8080"

sickness

hello thx a lot for the response
yes I'm using WinXp
netstat -an
gives me this in the screenshot

http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif

I can see
0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING

This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
any program/process started that use this port..
Any suggestion?
Thx to all
=)

Gordon Beaton

yes I'm using WinXp
netstat -an
gives me this in the screenshot

http://i4.tinypic.com/zyinm0.gif

I can see
0.0.0.0:8080 .. LISTENING

This means that this port is already open.. I think. . but I don't have
any program/process started that use this port..

It means that a process most definitely has opened the port and is
waiting for incoming connections there.

If you don't know what that program might be, I'd suggest finding out
so you can stop it. A tool "lsof" (which may not support Windows, I
don't know) can tell you which process has the port open.

Or try connecting to it with "telnet localhost 8080" or a webbrowser
(http://localhost:8080/) to see if that gives you any clues.

(Perhaps it's not significant, but it's apparent from the screenshot
that you also have processes with connections to port 8080 on another
machine in your network).

/gordon

Philip Reimer

Joined
Nov 25, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i am starting JBoss server but shwing me error that
port number 8080 in Use-http.
please help me with this.