Eclipse debugger: breakpoints, ticks, no ticks

Lord0

Hi there,

Im sure the answer to this is obvious but I've searched the web for the
answer, as have my collegues and checked the Eclipse help but to no
avail.

When you create a breakpoint in Eclipse it *usually* marks it in the
"gutter" as a blue dot with a tick. Sometimes however it marks it as
just a blue dot - no tick. The "no tick" version of the breakpoint
seems to function in exactly the same way as the ticked version and
checking the properties of the the two different flavours they seem to
be identical.

Can someone explain the difference please?

Cheers

Lord0